SKS Chinese Scout Scope Mount - S&K Scope Mounts
This S&K Scout Scope Mount fits the Chinese SKS and similar styles.
No drilling, tapping or major alteration. Guaranteed to hold zero. Can be removed and reinstalled easily. Made in the USA of top grade military allan aircraft aluminum. Use Weaver type rings (not included).
This scope mount measures 3/8 x 7/8 x 2-5/8
It is made from 1061 aluminum & black anodized with steel components.
Has 4 picatinny slots to mount a red dot scope.
1. First remove the rear sight.
2. After removing the rear sight and flat spring located under the sight, you are ready to assemble the mount.
3. Sit the special nut down into the slot where the rear sight was, keeping the rounded edge with the foot facing the rear of the rifle.
4. Slide the special nut rearward against the receiver until the foot on the special nut slides all the way into the slot at the bottom of the rear wall.
* Make sure this special nut does not fall out in the next step. The nut can be put in after the spring roll pin is in place, but it is difficult to get in place.
5. Place the mount down into what is left of the rear sight with the narrow end of the mount facing forward.
6. Line up the side hole in the mount with the side hole in the rifle receiver that the ladder sight was hinged at.
7. Lay the rifle on its right side with the rear sight resting on something solid and hammer in the 3.5 mm x 16 mm spring roll pin, you do not want the roll pin to stick out of the right side any.
*You can use a 1/8 diameter punch to remove the roll pin as the hole is a little larger than a pin punch.
8. Install the 10-32 x 5/16 low head screw down through the elongate slot in the top of the mount and into the special nut.
9. Force the nut to the rear as far as it will go and tighten the 10-32 low head screw while keeping the rear of the mount centered sideways as best as you can.
*The bottom of the mount at the rear is the same width as the rifle receiver rear sight, so if you keep the sides of the mount even with the sides of the receiver rear sight it should be centered.
10. Install the two 10-32 x 3/8 set screws down through the threaded holes in the top of the mount and tighten as tight as you can with your fingers, gripping the short end of the hex wrench.
*Supplied with the mount are: (1) special flange nut, (1) 10-32 x 5/16 socket low head screw, and (2) 10-32 x 3/8 socket set screws.
Related Categories That You May Also Be Interested In:
S&K Scope Mounts | S&K Scope Mounts | SKS Accessories | SKS Mounts |