Sidesaddle 4 Shotshell Ammo Carrier - Mossberg 500 590 600 - Tacstar
Weight: 0.50 pounds
4 Shot Sidesaddle for Mossberg 500, 590 12 Gauge Shotguns – TacStar
Shell Holder Material: Polymer
Backing Plate: Aluminum
Capacity: 4 12 Gauge Shells
Fits: Mossberg 500/590 12 Gauge
Will NOT fit Maverick
Unbreakable, corrosion resistant polymer shell holder
Rugged, aluminum backing plate
Easy mounting, no gunsmithing
Mounting screws included
Hardware Included: allen wrench, 1 Long screw and washer to replace receiver pin, small screw, 4 shot shotshell holder with 4 allen screws, and aluminum backing plate.
The TacStar Sidesaddle mounts 4 extra rounds on your shotgun in a convenient and accessible location for fast reloading. The tough, weatherproof shell carrier is attached to an aluminum mounting plate that installs directly on the shotgun receiver. Each Sidesaddle is designed to provide clearance for long forends.
Installation is easy, and in most cases requires no alterations to the shotgun. All mounting screws are included, no gunsmithing required.
TacStar SideSaddle Mossberg 500 Instructions
1. Always make sure your shotgun is unloaded.
2. Using the smallest allen key provided, remove the 4 screws holding the shell holder to the aluminum backing plate.
3. Using the long screw provided, place the screw against
the pin on the right side of the receiver, pushing screw in to remove the pin.
4. Action must be open; you will see a slotted screw on the inside of the receiver. Remove screw and put with the pin you removed for safe keeping.
Careful! Don’t pull out the ejector as you remove the slotted screw. Hold the ejector down with your finger and remove the screw.
5. Using the provided smaller screw and screw into the receiver, once installed turn shotgun over so the ejection port is facing down, line up your mounting plate, using provided allen wrench, tighten the screw into the plate.
DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN, can cause action not to work, in this case, back the screws out some and it should start working again.
7. Place the quarter inch nut onto the ejector screw in the countersunk hole.
8. Make sure all screws are snug and cycle the action to make sure there is no binding.
9. Place shotshell holder onto backing plate and screw in the 4 screws that hold it to the backing plate.
Related Categories That You May Also Be Interested In:
Mossberg Accessories | Shotgun Tactical Gear | Tacstar Pachmayr Lyman |