#1 Mark 3 Lee Enfield Scope Mount Weaver Style - S&K Scope Mounts
Instructions for installation of the #1 MK III Lee Enfield
1. Remove front part of stock from your weapon. Slip the band over the barrel behind the rear sight. Squeeze the band together and put the 6-40 screw into the band to hold it together. Now slip the special band back against the receiver stud.
2. Put weapon back together, after first inletting slightly for the band as necessary. A Dremel tool works great for this process.
3. Place one of the wedge-shaped nuts in place in the clip slot of the bridge. The top of this nut should be even with the top of bridge with long part of angle to rear and down. Use the wide nut for .303 cal., the narrow nut for the .308 cal.
4. Place Insta-Mount base in place, making sure the wedge nut is correctly placed so that its front edge is behind shoulder provided on base bottom. Now place cap screw in place and tighten the assembly. Use CAUTION to be certain screw is entering the wedge nut properly. Elevation can be introduced by putting shims on top of bridge between slotted portion of base and top of bridge if necessary.
5. Place cap screw in place in counterbore on front of Insta-Mount and tighten, with hex key. Do not over-tighten.
6. The ring grooves or holes are spaced so as to permit virtually any scope combination to be used with your Insta-Mount base. You can now mount your Weaver rings or if you are using S & K rings, follow instructions on scope ring box
If, after you have completed the installation of the scope and mount, you are unable to remove the bolt from the gun because the bolt head hits the recoil projection on the mount, you have 3 options:
A. Grind enough material from the front edge of the bolt head to permit bolt removal. Ensure mount is securely installed before you check for bolt head clearance to allow for bolt removal. (The geometry of the mount changes slightly as it’s tightened). This will insure that any modifications you may have to make for clearance will be held to a minimum, & insure the integrity & strength of the mount. Remember in most cases you will not have to make modifications. However, if required, remove only the minimum amount of material necessary to allow for clearance. (You can take metal away, but you can’t put it back)
B. File enough material from the rear edge of the mount to permit bolt removal.
C. Remove scope and mount to remove bolt or clean from front following all safety precautions.
Related Categories That You May Also Be Interested In:
Enfield Scope Mounts | S&K Scope Mounts | S&K Scope Mounts |