1917 Enfield P14 P17 Enfield Scope Mount - Includes Rings - S&K
No drilling, tapping or major alteration. Guaranteed to hold zero. Can be removed and reinstalled easily. Includes 1" fully machined, horizontally split scope rings and is windage adjustable. Replaces rear sight. Made in the USA of top-grade virgin metal.Instructions for installation of the 1917 Enfield P14 AND P17
- Remove the threaded pin that the rear sight pivots on. It is located at the extreme rear of the action and has a slotted nut on one side, a screwdriver slot on the other. Be careful that this pin and nut is not lost or damaged as you will use it later.
- Remove the rear sight.
- Using screwdriver remove small screw that holds the leaf type spring. If possible, insta-mount should be installed with this leaf spring in place. However, should you find installation difficult, spring may be removed by sliding it out.
- Clean all grease, dirt, etc. from action.
- Place insta-mount between ears of action so that the small hole at rear of sight base lines up with sight pivot pin hole in action. Now slide the pin back in place. Do not tighten yet.
- Next place special socket head cap screw in position at center of base and tighten securely!!
- The set screw located just forward to the main hold down cap screw is simply a tension screw. Placed here to keep the mount tight at all times. Tighten this screw securely against the action.
- Tighten the screw and nut at rear of base.
- You are now ready to place the scope on your gun. Follow ring manufacturers instruction for this.
Related Categories That You May Also Be Interested In:
Enfield Scope Mounts | S&K Scope Mounts | S&K Scope Mounts |